Having standard air conditioning service completed at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Menomonie and western Wisconsin summer, have the experts at Halverson Brothers Inc perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Look for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to unlawfully freeing it to the air.
- Inspect for efficient airflow in the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We recommend looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Halverson Brothers Inc today at 715-352-4052.