During the colder Menomonie and western Wisconsin months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it happens, a simple call to Halverson Brothers Inc will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some signs you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Halverson Brothers Inc as soon as possible if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not the right size for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility costs, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Halverson Brothers Inc can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, contact us and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Halverson Brothers Inc at 715-352-4052 or arrange an appointment with us online.