As we get a few weeks in to November and the temperature starts to dip, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to turn the heat on. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter rapidly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when the time comes to get a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was going to go out.
Take a few seconds and read what both types of furnaces can provide you and give us a shout at 715-352-4052 if you have any further questions.
- Up-front cost is not as much as gas furnaces
- Offer more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex as a result of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Offers less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t hesitate giving Halverson Brothers Inc in Menomonie and western Wisconsin a call at 715-352-4052. We’re more than happy to help solve all of your furnace questions.