With warmer temps nearby, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at top efficiency, it can save a significant amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could drastically heighten your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Halverson Brothers Inc expert complete air conditioning service
at least yearly is crucial to keeping your system operating well for a while. He or she can be sure the unit is running as it should be and can identify looming issues prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your skilled air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during colder months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might damage your system and require major repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they could inhibit airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any piece of it.
During the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them monthly and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or doing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also make sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you have a comfortable home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer offers. Give the team at Halverson Brothers Inc a call at 715-352-4052.