Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Menomonie and western Wisconsin during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Halverson Brothers Inc will constantly be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Halverson Brothers Inc at 715-352-4052 and we’ll get your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.